We CONNECT Things. Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of Internet of Things in the Philippines. We do this by providing network connectivity for the Internet of Things.
We are a network provider. We use LoRaWAN™ gateways to connect devices/sensors to the internet.
We are a social enterprise. To accelerate the adoption of the Internet of Things, we will educate and support inventors, innovators, enthusiasts, students and developers to create their own IoT applications and devices for free.
Packetworx has three (3) initiatives in building a CONNECTED PH:
- Free devices and network connectivity to an initial 60 LGUs for disaster preparedness and community health safety (flood sensors, air quality sensors)
- Free hardware kits and IoT curriculum to an initial 100 schools for students to be encouraged to create IoT devices and applications.
- Free access to the first hub dedicated to Internet of Things. Anyone can create their own device or applications in the IoT Technology Hub. It makes available equipment for IoT device creation and IoT application development – computers, pick and place, reflow oven among others.
Internet of Things (IoT) is the concept of connecting any device to the Internet and to other connected devices. It is a network of things that sends, receives and collects information.
LoRaWAN™ (Low Range Wide Access Network) is a MAC protocol for high capacity long range and Low Power Wide Area Networks.
Connecting billions of devices has certain challenges. The current available wireless networks like Bluetooth, Bluetooth Low Energy, WiFi and ZigBee are not suitable for long range applications. Cellular networks too can’t be used for remote machine-to-machine communication because of inefficient power consumption. Overall, all these networks are very expensive as far as hardware and services are concerned.
Major IoT applications require only transmitting tiny bits of data to monitor and control remote devices. Cellular systems are not geared for battery efficiency or moving little bits of data inexpensively.
So, a Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) is required for such applications. LPWAN is suitable for sending small amounts of data over a long range, while maintaining a long battery life.
We don’t transmit video and audio. We carry bits and bytes of data whereas Cellular providers (Smart and Globe) do kilobits and megabits of data. We are suitable for transmitting telemetry data using low power and at long range.
Packetworx is the network provider. We are the telco for things.
It improves operational efficiency for any industry.
Because of the data being collected by the sensors, companies will be able to gain insights for better decision-making thereby improving their operations, the customer experience, and maximizing their resources.
Businesses/people can decide real-time.
Together with our solutions and delivery partners, we offer these solutions:
- Smart Parking
- Real-time monitoring of structural health
- Smart City management and control
- Efficient traffic management and planning
- Weather alerts, landslides and flood monitoring
- Intelligent and weather adaptive lighting in street lights
- Intelligent highways with warning messages and diversions according to climate conditions and unexpected events like accidents or traffic jams
- Ensures supply chain operational efficiency and productivity.
- Reduce downtime and maintenance costs.
- Streamline asset maintenance.
- Quickly adapt manufacturing process to meet changing customer needs.
- Optimize your operations with our device sensors, machine learning, inventory optimization and tracking, and advanced analytics to understand and better serve your customers.
- Engage your customers effectively through automated feedback and relevant and personal product offers and services.
- Transform your business and create new revenue streams through our platform which provides you with massive data to create relevant insights and guide you to make better decision-making.
Logistics and Distribution
- Seamless and faster flow of goods with intelligent infrastructures.
- Real-time access and analysis of supply chain data.
- Tracking and monitoring of delivery vehicles to improve distribution planning and execution.
- Synchronization of logistics processes and systems.
- Real-time asset monitoring to reduce downtime and operation risks.
- Monitor air quality and temperature to ensure workers’ safety.
- Optimize variable rate irrigation to maximize profitability through soil moisture probes, monitoring soil variability.
- Real-time crop health assessment, irrigation, and plant yield and production.
- Easily track and monitor livestock location, health and well-being.
Packetworx will cover 90% of Greater Metro Manila by end of August 2018 and 90% of the Philippines by end of 2018.
Devices will be available on October 1, 2018.